The Power Of The Underdog
The Power of the underdog 9 mins read It is always better to shock people
– “Everything you want is on the other side of fear”
gleaned from almost everywhere. Many of the quotes come from the books I read, from social media post or other everyday mentions. I have also religiously shared a carefully selected quote every morning with a group of old school friends for many months now. I try not to miss a week day, but sometimes getting a thumbs-up is all it takes to fetch another quote worthy of sharing.
Sometimes I wonder if I do not even need these inspiring quotes a lot more than those I share them with. They are not just a mere collection of fine words to gloss over while taking a morning dump, but the trueness/correctness of the phrases or sentences will reinvigorate you to pursue your passions and chase your dreams even when you are at your lowest ebb.
I am convinced that having these quotes in one post will make it easy to reference every now and then.
Here we go;
Quotable Quotes to reflect on and Inspire you Daily
– Perfectionism is the enemy of action and often, I found that perfectionism is the mask that we all wear when we are afraid of failure.
– We must control fear rather than permit it to control us. Once it has served its emotional purpose as a warning signal, we must not permit it to intrude in our logical reasoning by which we decide upon a course of action.
– Pushing your boundaries is the only way to grow and being open to new ways of doing things is a skill that can deliver enormous results.
– Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally, it comes from what you do consistently. Marie Forleo
– You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. C.S Lewis
– What you are afraid of is never as bad as what you imagine. The fear you let build up in your mind is worse that the situation that actually exists.
– Instead of letting your hardship and failures discourage or exhaust you. Let them make you hungrier to succeed. Mitchell Obama.
– If you wait for fear to go away, the opportunity will go away too. Just do it now! Leslie Blodgett
– When things gets difficult, and it seems like the intensity has been turned up, that’s a sign you are close to your victory. Joel Osteen
– Not all storms come to destroy your life, some come to clear your path.
– I have learned that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.
– They don’t lie to you because the truth will hurt your feelings. They lie to you because the truth might provoke you to make choices that won’t serve their interest.
– When they fail to destroy your hopes, your aspiration, your dreams, they start hating you because your very existence reminds them about their defeat.
– The dream in your heart may be bigger than the environment in which you find yourself. Sometimes you have to get out of that environment in order to see your dream fulfilled. Joel Osteen.
– Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain. Therefore the true mark of wisdom and maturity is when you are able to take all the bad thrown at you calmly and modify it to something positive.
– Don’t let the opinions of the average men sway you. Dream, and he thinks you are crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you are lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you are greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn’t understand. Robert G Allen.
– It takes pain to sometimes loosen the grip of that which you were meant to let go of a long time ago
– If you don’t believe in your own potential, it is not difficult for people to put you down and trample on you. Self-doubt can keep you hiding in caves, when you are meant to be riding the waves Believe in yourself even if no one does.
– Never be afraid of a scar, it means you are stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.
– There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. John C Maxwel
– A man without a vision for his future, always returns to his past.
– By three methods we learn wisdom: First by Reflection which is the noblest. Second by Imitation which is the easiest. And the third by experience which is the harshest.
– Leadership is less about the position you hold than the influence you have. It’s about doing world class work, playing at your peak, and leaving people better than you found them. It’s about leading without a title.
– Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes. Oscar Wilde.
– We are stronger in place where we have been broken.
– If it makes you happy then it’s not a waste of time. You are responsible for your own happiness.
– Just because you can’t predict the ending doesn’t mean you shouldn’t start a new beginning.
– No matter how bad your life may seem, there a millions of other people who have it ten times worse than you. So thank God for your blessings.
– Sometimes we have to stop being scared and just go for it. Either it would work or it won’t. At least we will get the satisfaction of knowing that we tried.
– Until you are happy with who you are, you will never be happy with what you have. Zig Ziglar.
– If you don’t ask the right questions, you don’t get the right answers. A question asked in the right way points to its own answer. Asking questions is the ABC of diagnosis. Only the inquiring mind solves problems.
– All the pain, all the struggles, all the lessons; every single one of them, was necessary for you to become the person you are today.
This is hoping you find one quote that would inspire your day!
The Power of the underdog 9 mins read It is always better to shock people
Greek Gift – Beware of Greeks bearing gifts 9 mins read “I fear the Greeks
My Tale by moonlight 4 mins read who is fooling who? – A short story
For Love or Adventure? 16 mins read “It doesn’t matter where you’re going, it’s who
The race against Time – a short narrative 6 mins read “Time is a storm
What happened to Lauryn Hill? – How far gone is she? ” Stardom isn’t a
Changing Jobs? – Must the stars align? 12 mins read “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.”- Robert Kiyosaki
How I redesigned access gates into fuel stations in Nigeria. – Innovation at its best 8 mins read “Every once in a while, a new
Are you stuck with taking a decision? – I’ve got a brilliant idea for you. 6 mins read “Life is a matter of choices, and
Just write down some details about you and we will get back to you in a jiffy!
15 thoughts on “Quotable Quotes to Inspire you every day.”
Writings to live by. Thank you for the reminder.
Thank you Kemi!
I had a personal reflection going through the quotes.
Glad you did bro. Thanks as always buddie
Phenomenal as usual. Thank you
You are most welcome.
Interestingly motivational quotes . Thanks broo
Thanks again Hafees! cheers.
Nice one Akin,found a lot of inspiration from the quotes.
Glad you found enough. I am sure they would come in quite useful too.
Good job bro and thanks for sharing as always
Thanks Buddie. I appreciate the comment a lot.
…Just to awesome to pick a choice quote! I find this particularly interesting:
“If you don’t ask the right questions, you don’t get the right answers. A question asked in the right way points to its own answer. Asking questions is the ABC of diagnosis. Only the inquiring mind solves problems.”
You are doing a great job Boss. Well done
Nice quotes. Thank u for d compilation